Grandmaster Flash Returns With First Album in 20 Years
Published Dec 05, 2008If the Fat Boys reuniting wasn't already enough to fulfil all our old school hip-hop fantasies, we now get word Grandmaster Flash is set for a comeback. On February 23, the Grandmaster will release The Bridge: Concept of a Culture, an album of all new studio material that will mark his first in 20 years.
For this proper follow-up to 1988's On the Strength, Grandmaster Flash hardly goes it alone though. <>The Bridge is loaded with guest stars, including everyone from Q-Tip to Busta Rhymes to Snoop Dogg to Princess Superstar. Along with the newer faces, also on the record are a few from the past, such as KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane and Grandmaster Caz, all of whom help boost the album's old-school representation.
There's no word yet if The Bridge will turn into a live show but we do have the tracklisting. Here it is:
2. "Shine All Day" (Feat. Q-Tip, Jumz, & Kel Spencer)
3. "We Speak Hip Hop" (Feat. Afasi, Kase-O, Maccho, Abass & KRS-One)
4. "Here Comes My DJ" (Feat. DJ Kool & DJ Demo)
5. "Bounce Back" (Feat. Busta Rhymes)
6. "Swagger" (Feat. Red Café, Snoop Dogg & Lynn Carter)
7. "What If" (Feat. KRS-One)
9. "Tribute To The Breakdancer" (Feat. MC Supernatural)
10. "Grown & Sexy" (Feat. Mr. Cheeks)
11. "When I Get There" (Feat. Big Daddy Kane & Hedonis Da Amazon)
13. "I Got Sumthin' To Say" (Feat. Lordikim Allah, J-Flo & Almighty Thor)
14. "Can I Take You Higher" (Feat. Mr. Cheeks, Granmaster Caz & Tito)
15. "Unpredictable" (Feat. Syndee & Big Daddy Kane)
16. "Those Chix" (Feat. Byata, Princess Superstar & Hedonis Da Amazon)
17. "Bronx Bombers" (Feat. Lordikim Allah, Almighty Thor & Mann Child)
18. "Zuka The Sound"
19. "Oh Man" (Feat. Syndee & Natacha Atlas)
Grandmaster Flash 'White Lines"